Best Pick-Up Lines Français: Flirt Impressively
Flirting is a critical part of the French mentality; even if a person doesn’t plan romantic relationships, they can say a few lovely words to demonstrate their sympathy to their interlocutor. Saying several phrases is not enough to win a person’s heart, but why not try? French pick-up lines are simple but complicated at the same time. In this article, we want to sort out all the peculiarities of French flirting and provide learners with helpful words. You never know where to find your second half, so let’s prepare already!
Useful Phrases to Get Acquainted and Show Sympathy
First of all, it’s important to figure out the main verbs you should know. English speakers will find it easy, as “flirter” is initially an English word. Of course, it has a note of French style – it cannot be the same. You can also use “courtiser” (“woo”) with the same meaning. It’s enough for the beginning, so let’s move further.
What do we usually do when flirting with another person? The first thing is to learn their names. Ask “Comment t’appelle?” and wait for the answer, unless you want to feel embarrassed talking without knowing the person’s name. After that, those flirting usually ask how the interlocutor’s life is going. Some widely popular topics, like weather, books, traveling, etc., are acceptable to start an acquaintance with a new person. Ensure they are excited about the discussion and continue!
Asking personal questions when flirting is a great idea, but don’t be too persistent. You can discuss families, interests, hobbies, careers, pets, etc. Remember to carefully listen to your interlocutor and be ready to answer questions, too. And it’s time to come to flirting; you can use some common pick-up lines in French during the conversation. Catch some ideas that might help:
- Tu as un très joli sourire. – You have a pretty smile.
- Vous avez de beaux yeux. – You’ve got beautiful eyes.
- J’ai envie d’apprendre à te connaître. – I want to get to know you.
- Nous sommes-nous déjà rencontrés auparavant? Je pense que je t’ai vu dans mes rêves. – Have we ever met before? I think I’ve seen you in my dreams.
- J’aimerais mieux te connaître. – I would like to know you better.
- On se voit ce soir ou demain? – See you tonight or tomorrow?
- Tu veux aller boire un verre? – Can I buy you a drink?
- Prenons un café ensemble. – Let’s have a coffee together.
- Tomber amoureux de vous serait un très court voyage. – Falling for you would be a very short trip.
- Qu’est-ce que ça fait d'être la personne la plus belle de la pièce? – What does it feel like to be the most gorgeous person in the room?
- Je rêve ou je viens de voir un ange? – Am I dreaming or have I just seen an angel?
- Pouvez-vous me donner des directions à votre cœur? – Can you give me directions to your heart?
- Pas étonnant que le ciel soit gris: toute la couleur est dans vos yeux. – No wonder the sky is gray: all the color is in your eyes.
- Êtes-vous aussi belle à l’intérieur qu’à l’extérieur? – Are you as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside?
- Si la maison est là où se trouve le cœur, alors ma maison est en vous. – If home is where the heart is, then my home is in you.
- Vos yeux sont comme l’océan; je pourrais nager dedans toute la journée. – Your eyes are like ocean; I could swim in them all day.
- Quel est ton 06? – What’s your phone number?
These are only some examples, but flirting is when you can turn on your imagination. Keep in mind that complimenting is one of the ways to melt a person’s heart. Be attentive to details and express your feelings when talking to someone you like. Create unique, personalized pick-up lines, increasing the chance that sympathy will be mutual.
Funny and Unusual French Pick-Up Lines
Typical expressions are always relevant, but some are already tired of them. Sometimes, impressing a person you like takes more effort. In such an instance, you should be inventive. Frenchmen value a good sense of humor, so being funny is a perfect solution. We’ve gathered a list of creative pick-up line Français; choose among the best ones:
- Ça t’a fait mal quand tu es tombée du ciel? – Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
- Est-ce que tu as un plan? Je me suis perdu dans tes yeux. – Do you have a map? I am lost in your eyes.
- Excuse-moi, j’ai perdu mon numéro de téléphone. Est-ce que je peux t’emprunter le tien? – Excuse me, I lost my phone number. Can I borrow yours?
- J’ai un problème avec mon portable, il manque ton numéro. – I have a problem with my phone, your number is missing.
- Nous sommes obligés de t’arrêter pour ta beauté. – We are forced to arrest you for your beauty.
- Je ne jouerais jamais à cache-cache avec toi parce que quelqu’un comme toi est impossible à trouver. – I would never play hide and seek with you, as you are the one impossible to find.
- Es-tu électricien? Parce que tu illumines définitivement ma journée! – Are you an electrician? Because you light up my day!
- J’ai juste réalisé ceci, mais tu ressembles beaucoup à mon prochain petit ami/ma prochaine petite amie. – I just realized this but you look like my next boyfriend/ girlfriend.
- Est-ce que le soleil vient de se lever ou c’est toi qui m’as souri? – Did the sun rise or did you smile at me?
- Vous souvenez-vous de moi? C’est vrai, je ne t’ai rencontré que dans mes rêves. – Do you remember me? That’s right, I’ve met you only in my dreams.
- Je ne suis pas actuellement donneur d’organes, mais je serais heureux de vous donner mon cœur. – I am currently not an organ donor, but I would be happy to give you my heart.
Flirting is an art; choosing the right words to win a person’s heart is the key to success. However, remember you shouldn’t be too persistent. Consider your interlocutor’s reactions to understand whether they like it. Such funny and creative pick-up lines are amazing, but not every woman or man would appreciate such an approach. Many individuals value traditional flirting without jokes, so consider this during the conversation.
Pick-Up Lines in French to Catch Men’s Attention
It’s customary that men are the first to approach a woman and get acquainted. However, in the modern world, ladies often start the conversation and even show sympathy to the interlocutor. Males also appreciate attention and lovely words. Grab the best pick-up expressions that will help you win men’s hearts:
- Je ne suis pas religieux, mais quand je t’ai vu, j’ai su que tu étais la réponse à mes prières. – I am not religious, but when I saw you, I knew you were the answer to my prayers.
- Croyez-vous au coup de foudre, ou devrais-je réessayer? – Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
- Je ne suis pas photographe, mais je peux nous imaginer ensemble. – I am not a photographer, but I can picture us together.
- Les dinosaures existent toujours, n’est-ce pas? Embrasse-moi si je me trompe. – Dinosaurs still exist, don’t they? Kiss me if I am wrong.
- Quel numéro de téléphone dois-je utiliser lorsque je vous envoie un message de bonne nuit plus tard? – What phone number should I use when I text you goodnight later?
We hope the above phrases will inspire you. However, it’s better to turn on your imagination and create some unique flirting expressions.
Learn More Pick-Up Lines in French with Promova
You can reach the desired fluency level in French with the guided courses in Promova. Our platform allows learners to enjoy hundreds of new words, interactive quizzes, and well-thought-out lessons from proficient tutors. You don’t have to spend hours on classes; everything now fits your smartphone. Download the app or use the web version to enjoy high-class language learning. Many exciting topics are waiting for students.
The Promova app is free, so everyone can install it on their device with a few clicks. You can also get a Premium subscription and enjoy even more benefits. Many powerful lessons with new words and exciting tests will help you master the language at your own pace. With our flashcards and spaced repetition, you’ll reinforce what you have studied effectively. We recommend learning daily to achieve the desired results as soon as possible.
Flirting is sometimes challenging for many. Therefore, finding the necessary words is complicated. On the other hand, it’s always exciting to come up with creative expressions and check whether your interlocutor likes them. Who knows, maybe your flirting will help you find the love of your life. French is the language of romance, so using it to find your second half is a great idea.
What are the peculiarities of flirting in France?
The country’s culture implies a lot of flirting, regardless of your marital status. It doesn’t matter if you already have a partner. For instance, French women flirt to show their attractiveness and want to get the admiration of all the surrounding people. On the other hand, men use this means to show their sympathy and interest in the interlocutor. So, don’t be surprised by much flirting on the streets, and do the same to dip into French culture.
How to start a conversation with a Frenchman?
There’s nothing simpler than that, as Frenchmen adore communicating with different people and are always open to new acquaintances. Remember that politeness is the key, so start a conversation with a “bonjour” (“hello”) or “bonsoir” (“good evening”). Don’t forget to ask a person’s name and sort out how things are going. After that, you can begin discussing some common themes before coming up with something more personal. Small talk is popular among locals, so starting a conversation would be easy.
Is dating culture in France different from that in the US?
The two countries completely differ. For instance, couples in the US discuss whether they should be together, while in France, they are considered dating immediately after the first kiss. However, it’s not customary for a Frenchman to ask a person for a date when they first see each other. Locals usually take time to get to know each other better; for instance, group meetings with friends are widespread.
How can I create pick-up lines in French?
Turn on the imagination and speak with your heart to catch another person’s attention. You can use the ready-made phrases from the list on this page or invent different expressions. Online dictionaries are the best assistants for those who want to expand their vocabulary. Le Trésor de la Langue Française Informatisé and Collins Dictionary will help every learner enrich their lexicon.