Collective Nouns for Things Quiz
Choose the correct answer:
1. What is the primary purpose of using collective nouns?
2. Which of the following is a correct example of a collective noun for things?
3. How do collective nouns enhance our language?
4. Which of the following is NOT a collective noun for things?
5. What is the collective noun in the sentence: "The chef used a set of knives to prepare the meal."?
6. Which of the following sentences uses a collective noun incorrectly?
7. Which of the following collective nouns refers to a group of islands?
8. What is a common characteristic of collective nouns for things?
9. Which of the following collective nouns is specific to a certain region or culture, as per the fun facts in the article?
10. What would we have to say without using collective nouns, according to the article?