Country Music Quiz
1. Which subgenre of country music is characterized by fast tempos, virtuosic instrumentation, and tight vocal harmonies?
2. Which country music subgenre emerged in the 1970s and is known for its raw and gritty sound and anti-establishment themes?
3. Which instrument in country music is played by sliding a metal bar or glass tube on steel strings?
4. Which vocal technique involves alternating between chest and head registers, creating a distinctive and melodic sound?
5. Which country music instrument has a thin membrane stretched over a frame and provides a bright and percussive sound?
6. Which phrase is used to encourage someone to be patient or wait?
7. Which country artist is known as "The Man in Black" and has hits like "Ring of Fire" and "Folsom Prison Blues"?
8. Which guitar playing technique incorporates rapid and syncopated picking, creating a signature "chicken-like" sound associated with country music?
9. Which section of a country song provides the narrative or describes a specific situation or emotion?
10. Which country artist is known for her song "Jolene" and "I Will Always Love You"?