Pronouns in Reported Speech Exercises
Choose the correct answer:
1. What is the main purpose of changing pronouns in reported speech?
2. When the original sentence is in the first person, to which person do you change the pronoun in reported speech?
3. Which of the following sentences demonstrates the correct change of pronoun and tense in reported speech?
4. What common mistake is often made when changing pronouns in reported speech?
5. In which tense is the reported speech: "She said she had gone to the store."?
6. Which of the following sentences uses a pronoun incorrectly in reported speech?
7. What should you ensure when reporting what someone else has said using pronouns?
8. What does changing the pronoun and tense in reported speech help to convey?
9. Which of the following original sentences and reported speech pairs is incorrect?
10. What is NOT a rule for pronoun change in reported speech as per the article?