Complex Sentences Exercises
Choose the correct answer:
1. What is a complex sentence?
2. Which of the following is a subordinating conjunction?
3. In a complex sentence, what does a dependent clause rely on?
4. Which of the following sentences is a complex sentence?
5. Which type of clause acts as a noun in the independent clause?
6. In the sentence "After she finished her homework, she went to bed early," which part is the dependent clause?
7. What is the primary purpose of using complex sentences in English?
8. Which of the following is NOT a common mistake related to complex sentences?
9. In the sentence "I will go to the gym after I finish work," which part is the independent clause?
10. Which of the following sentences uses a nominal clause?