Compound Sentences Quiz
Choose the correct answer:
1. What is a compound sentence?
2. Which coordinating conjunction is NOT commonly used to join independent clauses in a compound sentence?
3. How can you join two independent clauses without using a coordinating conjunction?
4. Which of the following is an example of a compound sentence using a semicolon?
5. What is a common mistake when using compound sentences?
6. Which of the following is NOT a way to make compound sentences?
7. In the sentence "I like to swim, and my brother likes to play soccer," which part is the coordinating conjunction?
8. Which of the following sentences is NOT a compound sentence?
9. Which of the following is a compound sentence using a transitional expression?
10. What should you use before a coordinating conjunction in a compound sentence?