Mixed Conditionals Exercises
1. What do mixed conditionals combine elements of?
2. In the "present result of a past condition", which tense is the first half of the sentence in?
3. In the "past result of a present condition", which tense is the second half of the sentence in?
4. Which of the following is a correct example of a mixed conditional?
5. Which modal verb can be used in mixed conditionals to express regret about a past decision or action?
6. Which of the following sentences is an example of the "present result of a past condition"?
7. In informal English, which word can be used instead of "was" in the second conditional?
8. Which of the following is NOT a common mistake when using mixed conditionals?
9. To express different degrees of certainty or possibility in mixed conditionals, which of the following modal verbs can be used?
10. In the sentence "If I had listened to your advice, I wouldn't be in this situation now", which part is the if-clause?