Reported Speech Exercises
Choose the correct answer:
1. What is another term for reported speech?
2. Why is reported speech important in English?
3. Which of the following is an example of reported speech?
4. In reported speech, which tense usually changes from the original tense?
5. Which of the following is NOT a type of reported speech?
6. In the sentence "He asked what time it was," what is the direct speech equivalent?
7. Which of the following is a common mistake in reported speech?
8. In reported speech, what is used to indicate the exact words that were spoken?
9. Which of the following sentences uses reported speech correctly?
10. In which context is reported speech NOT commonly used?