100 Christmas Greetings in English 2023
Christmas is undoubtedly the holiday that both adults and children look forward to. These indescribable emotions, bright garlands, beautiful decorations, and many gifts usually cheer up even the most pessimistic people. The holiday atmosphere is literally in the air, and many want to congratulate everyone around them to convey a pinch of their wonderful mood. So, choosing appropriate Christmas greetings in English for your relatives, close friends, and colleagues should be an important point on your to-do list.
Not everyone would like to get by with the standard “Merry Christmas and New Year,” and you often intend to turn on the fantasy so that the person is delighted about the congratulations. It doesn’t matter if you congratulate someone in person or send them a holiday card. You always want them to warmly recall your wishes and single them out from the hundreds of others.
However, it is worth remembering who you congratulate. If you send a postcard to family members or friends, you can opt for very personal Merry Christmas wishes greetings, or even come up with an out-of-the-ordinary joke. When you need to congratulate colleagues or the boss, excessive familiarity is unnecessary, and you should choose something more formal but warm. Let’s see what to say to the native speaker correctly and discover the heartfelt sentences that can motivate and uplift you.
Classic Christmas Greetings
People often don’t have too much spare time or inspiration to come up with a unique greeting for the winter holidays. In such an instance, the well-known statements are a great solution. They will never go out of fashion, and the main thing is to be sincere. In addition, a person will be doubly pleased if you attach a cute gift to a greeting card. So, grab some ideas:
- I wish you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!
- Season’s greetings!
- May the Holy Star bring all the best to you and your family the following year.
- Have a blessed Christmas!
- I hope you have the best year ever!
- Wishing you a warm and wonderful Christmas!
- Have a happy Christmas and a fantastic New Year!
- I wish you health and happiness for the upcoming year!
- May all your wishes become a reality this Christmas.
- Best wishes for the next year.
- Happy holidays!
Many would consider the above-mentioned Merry Christmas greeting wishes typical and boring, but they are still widely common among English speakers. However, there are numerous other ideas: just open your heart and speak with it, wishing your beloved people all the best. Search for some more inspirational solutions below.
Greetings for Your Family
Relatives are traditionally the closest people, so we always want to delight them. Of course, purchasing a great gift is a perfect idea, but many still value words more than any goods. Elderly relatives, such as grandparents, especially value such little presents, so don’t be lazy and please them with some nice words. If you lack inspiration, check the following options and pick the most suitable one to greet your loved ones:
- I am so happy you’re a part of my family, and I hope we still have dozens of Christmas trees together ahead.
- Nothing is more important than you, so I wish you all the best for the upcoming year.
- I couldn’t have a better family, and I am grateful we can spend these Christmas holidays together.
- Christmas would never be the same without you! I wish you all the best for these winter holidays.
- Your love and support mean everything to me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Being with my family is the greatest honor that I could ever dream of. Thank you for being my support and strength every day, and Christmas is just an additional means of reminding me how much I love you.
- Christmas and New Year are the best time to gather with family. And I am so happy to share such pleasant moments with you.
- If I could choose another family, I would pick you again and again. Merry Christmas to my favorite people in the whole world!
Turn on your imagination, and you will definitely come up with perfect greetings for Christmas to your close ones. Speak with your heart, and the necessary words will immediately appear on the card, pleasing your family members. In such an instance, you can choose something personal that only a certain individual will understand. The humor is also a good idea, but ensure that you will make people laugh rather than offend them.
Couple Goals Ideas: The Sweetest Greetings for Your Partner
People always want to congratulate their loved ones in a special way, without using standard phrases and template Merry Christmas greetings. Giving the desired present is certainly worthwhile, but don’t forget to add a card with encouraging words that will make the recipient smile for many months after Christmas. Search for inspiration in the following statements, and you will find something that your partner will like:
- Can you be my Santa and check whether I was naughty this year?
- Spending the winter holidays with my special soulmate is a great pleasure, and I hope we still have many years ahead.
- Sending you all the love I have in my heart. Merry Christmas!
- You are the only person I will ever love, and I am so happy to spend this Christmas and New Year with you.
- I want to be your Secret Santa for many years ahead, so let’s spend every Christmas together!
- You are the best Christmas gift I could ever ask for.
- I cannot even think about spending these winter holidays with someone other than you.
- Hope that all my Christmas holidays will be only with you from now and forever.
- You are my one and only soulmate, and I want you to know that Christmas is special, but you are even more unique to me.
- You make my winter holidays very special, and my life too.
- Let me be your non-secret Santa forever.
- Last Christmas, I made a special wish. And it came true because now I have you!
- My heart is filled with joy and happiness, but Christmas doesn’t significantly affect it. You do. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my love!
- I love you more than children adore Christmas and Santa’s gifts.
- I am your best Christmas present! But if you have something for me, I’ll unwrap it right now.
- All I want for Christmas is you!
Think about how much you love your partner, and use Christmas greetings in the English language to describe your feelings. You can also add wishes for good, wealth, health, and more. Think about your shared dreams that you would like to achieve next year. A few jokes also can not hurt since you want to cheer up and please your loved one. You definitely have some phrases only you two understand, so don’t forget to use them to proceed with a personalized compliment.
A couple sometimes spends winter holidays separately without the possibility of hugging each other and sharing a delicious dinner. Of course, the inability to spend these wonderful days with a loved one doesn’t add positive emotions. But don’t be upset since even your distant support and congratulations will make your partner smile for a long time. You can send your warmest congratulations to your soulmate using SMS or write an old-fashioned letter. Look for some ideas below:
- I wish I could spend a fantastic Christmas and New Year with you, but circumstances were different. Don’t get upset since there are many more wonderful holidays ahead of us.
- I sit in front of the fireplace, thinking of you and dreaming about spending Christmas together. I hope that it will come true the next year!
- Even though we cannot spend Christmas and New Year together, you are always in my heart.
- We are not together on Christmas Eve, but I hope the little gifts I sent will cheer you up!
- You are my special gift for Christmas, and even despite the distance, I can feel your love and care.
- Merry Christmas to my favorite person in the world. Even though we are not sitting on a cozy sofa together, I never stop thinking about you.
- Don’t spend too much cash during your business trip. Of course, unless it’s the money for my Christmas gift! I wish you all the best in the new year, my love.
Think about your feelings and emotions and try to describe them in congratulations to your most beloved person. After all, no distance is an obstacle when sharing a piece of warmth and a positive mood during the magical winter holidays.
Christmas Greeting Message for Your Boss
Merry Christmas greetings for the authorities must be chosen with care because subordination is important even during such merry holidays. But you don’t have to make do with the standard “Merry Christmas and Happy New Year” as there are so many interesting options that don’t sound too informal:
- I wish you and your family all the best for this Christmas and New Year.
- Thank you for being an inspirational leader this year. Merry Christmas!
- Have a lovely Christmas and New Year.
- I wish you even more success in the upcoming year and will do everything I can to support you in all endeavors.
- I believe your stress-free year is still ahead, and I will do my best to achieve it. Merry Christmas to the best boss ever!
- Don’t forget to add joy and happiness to your to-do list for the following year, and make this point the primary one.
- I am grateful for you being a loyal boss, and I hope we will achieve even more success the following year.
Try to be laconic and sincere, but only provide personal 2023 Christmas greetings to your boss and colleagues if you are close friends. Be careful with words, but provide something nice and warm so that your employer will get pleasant emotions after receiving your card.
Christmas 2023 Greetings to Employees
Bosses tend to greet their employees, which helps support the friendly environment in the office and provides everyone with a festive atmosphere on Christmas Eve. We know it may take a while, but don’t forget to sign postcards to all your subordinates to cheer them up. You should better avoid typical greetings since a personalized approach is usually more pleasant. Catch some ideas:
- Christmas is a perfect way to thank you for all the hard work you do. But you should know that I am grateful every day. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
- Thank you for being such a hard-working member of our team. More success is still ahead! And now relax and have the best winter holidays!
- May the following year bring you thousands of smiles, happy moments, and a loyal boss. Merry Christmas!
- You are more than just a co-worker to me since we are all a family. Happy New Year to my best team!
- I am full of gratitude for everything you do for our team and for me. And Christmas is just another day to remind you how much I value you and appreciate your achievements.
- I send all my best wishes to you and your family and hope that you’ll have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Remember that you should better choose the formal style for your colleagues’ Merry Christmas greetings 2023, but a pinch of humor will be suitable if you know the team would appreciate that. By the way, organizing a Secret Santa event where all the office workers exchange small gifts is always a great idea. You will definitely get tons of pleasant emotions guessing who your Santa is, so don’t miss the opportunity to make a special day for your employees.
Short Christmas Greetings Suitable for Everyone
Only some people like to read long texts, and if you know that your friend or acquaintance is unlikely to want to devote much time to this process, be limited to a concise phrase. It does not have to be standard and banal:
- Eat. Drink. Be Merry.
- May your Christmas be bright and joyful.
- Best wishes for the winter holidays!
- Have a great year ahead!
- I hope the following year brings you even more happiness and joy.
- Have a jolly holiday.
- You are my best present this year, and I am so happy with it.
- God bless you during this holiday season and always.
- Christmas is magic, and I am so happy to share it with you.
- I wish you all the best for Christmas and New Year.
- May the next year bring only positive emotions and tons of happiness to you.
- Enjoy every moment of these winter holidays with your loved ones.
- Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas!
Do not be afraid to add a pinch of humor to your congratulations since it is more appropriate than ever and will cheer the person up at Christmas. Think about a nice gift that will become a perfect addition to your greeting card to give the person even more positive emotions. Remember that attention is critical, so don’t invest a fortune in presents. A cute bauble will remind a person of you and make you smile.
Religious Christmas 2023 Greetings
Many do not believe in God, and the celebration of Christmas is just a lovely tradition giving pleasant emotions. But keep in mind that this is largely a religious festival, and some people place a high value on this aspect. In greeting cards, you can mention God by coming up with warm and unusual wishes:
- May the light of Christ fill your heart and soul these winter holidays.
- The magic of Christmas is not in the presents but in His presence. May you have the gift of faith this Christmas.
- Jesus is the reason for the season! Merry Christmas to you and your family.
- May God bless you and your family with love, happiness, and joy.
- I would like to share the Glory of this Holy Season with you. Merry Christmas!
- Let us remember the true meaning of this holiday and be grateful that we are with our loved ones these days. I wish you all the best for the following year.
It is preferable not to joke about religion. So, if you choose such a congratulation, it is better to keep humor to yourself. In any case, religious greetings can sound very interesting. The main thing is to listen to yourself and speak with your heart since this will impress the person you send a postcard to.
Christmas Greetings 2023 for Friends
The choice of congratulations is especially vast when you pick something suitable for your friends. After all, your words can be sweet and warm or sarcastic and playful, and your close people will appreciate your choice. Your friends will undeniably understand your jokes and will be delighted with personalized congratulations. Look for inspiration in the following phrases:
- Friends are the family we choose ourselves, and I am so grateful to share my Christmas pie with my soulmate.
- Only such friends like you make holidays so special. I wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and hope that we will spend many more of them together.
- You deserve all the best in this life, and I am among these things. Happy New year, dear friend!
- You are a blessing to more people than you could ever think; just count your Christmas greetings. And unless you don’t have a lot, you still have mine. I love you to the moon and back and wish you all the best in the new year.
- I am so lucky to have you in my life, and I am delighted to spend these winter holidays with my best friend.
- I hope your smile will be as big as your Christmas credit card bills.
- I couldn’t even dream about such a great friend and soulmate like you. I wish you a Merry Christmas and wish we could spend every special day together.
- Santa said that you’d had great behavior this year! And I am confident that’s because you were too busy, and you’ll catch up right after Christmas.
- Christmas could never be the same without you and my life too.
- I can’t wait to spend this Christmas and New Year with my best friend ever. By the way, you are invited, too.
There are no limitations for friends’ Christmas greetings for 2023, so turn on your imagination and develop a great postcard. Invent something funny or pleasant to bring the best emotions to your close person. Don’t forget to become your friends’ personal Santa. Ask them what they would like to get and make all their dreams come true this Christmas!
Inspired by Literature: Best Merry Christmas Greetings
People often want to be more eloquent, but the ideal phrases simply do not come to mind. In this case, you can use quotes from famous works since many authors wrote about Christmas. Such a greeting would be appropriate for a teacher or leader because they, like no one else, will appreciate what was written. Grab a few options:
- “Christmas! The season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart,” Washington Irving.
- “Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveler, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home," Charles Dickens.
- “Everyone wants a Christmas tree. If you had a Christmas tree, Santa would bring you stuff,” Janet Evanovich.
You can find numerous ideas, so just sit back with your favorite book about Christmas or New year and search for suitable quotes. We are confident that those you will congratulate will appreciate your efforts and be delighted with the warm words you’ll add to the greeting card.
Funny Christmas Greetings to Your Friends & Family
It is not necessary to be serious all the time! After all, Christmas and New Year are still holidays full of joy! Funny congratulations warm the soul no less than warm and heartfelt phrases, so ensure your humor is appreciated and go on! Grab some inspiration from the statements above:
- The famous song says that all I want for Christmas is you, and I agree. But I would like to get some cash in addition.
- An adult has three stages: he believes in Santa, doesn’t believe in Santa, and becomes a Santa himself. And life has already welcomed you to the third stage!
- I wish you to look like a Christmas tree this year: I sincerely hope that Santa will bring you lots of presents to shine like a diamond.
- Are you in the mood to look like the Grinch in the morning after Christmas? I will be happy to spend this holiday with you and guarantee liters of champagne.
- White Christmas is everything everybody dreams about. But if it’s not white, red is pretty enough too!
- Would you like to share a piece of pie on Christmas with me? I know I am a bad cooker, but I promise a lot of wine!
- Hope that Santa will just leave his credit card under your Christmas tree since you’ll perfectly cope with that deal.
- You may say you behaved well this year, but Santa saw everything!
- Winter holidays are the right time to get that ugly jumper. And you will be forgiven since it’s Christmas and New Year’s time!
- I am your best Christmas gift this year, but I hope you’ve prepared something special for me!
- Santa won’t come this year. He fell from his deer laughing when I told him you have recently behaved well.
- It’s time to bring the Christmas spirit! What do you prefer: champagne, vodka, or gin?
- You should be glad if the man in red tries to stuff you into his bag. You must have become someone’s Christmas dream!
And there can be thousands of such ideas! Do not copy congratulations from different sources, but think about what will amuse a particular person and come up with original Christmas greetings in English text. It could be related to his interests or your shared funny memories. Remember that the postcard should not be offensive, so it’s better to forget about black humor.
It’s Easy to Develop Christmas Cards Yourself with Promova
Many people would be glad to come up with some exciting phrases themselves, but they lack the English knowledge to create a special greeting. However, this is not a reason to simply copy what is written on the Internet. Promova online school is always on guard of your knowledge and is ready to help in all your endeavors! If you’ve been putting off English language learning all along, it’s time to start your education today.
Our platform with the best tutors will help you quickly and efficiently acquire the necessary knowledge. Now, communication will become easy, and you will be able to write greetings in English for Christmas to your foreign friends exactly as well as a native speaker would do. Tutors in Promova are always open to cooperation and are ready to prescribe a lesson program and draw up an individual schedule for you. Grab the chance, and you will get your fluent English skills as soon as possible.
What are the secrets of developing fantastic Christmas greetings?
The main thing is to be sincere and write from the heart. Do not try to copy template messages since they often lack emotions and warmth. It is better to come up with something personalized for a specific person. It is not at all necessary to know English perfectly: be inspired by the ideas from the article and come up with your sincere wish for a loved one.
Are funny greetings appropriate in work greeting cards?
It is still better to use classic templates with formal phrases if you are writing to your boss or subordinates. However, it all depends on the relationship within the team: if you are friends, then some funny phrases to cheer everybody up will be a great addition. Remember that if you add a pinch of humor to one employee, do the same with others not to offend anybody.
Should I send postcards to everyone I know?
Everything depends on your desire. It is generally accepted to send congratulations to all family members and acquaintances. But given the digitalization of the modern world, many are limited to sweet congratulations on social networks or Christmas greetings SMS in English. This is considered the norm of modern etiquette because not everyone likes to store tons of printed materials at home.
Why should I send greeting cards?
Such little presents are a way to remind a person of their warm feelings and wish them all the best for the following year. Nice words warm much more and longer than physical gifts, so your loved ones will surely remember your original congratulations. They usually don’t take much time but bring a great mood to those receiving greetings.