Nowadays vs Now a Days
What’s the difference between them?
Nowadays means in the present day; currently; in modern times.
1. Nowadays, people rely heavily on technology in their everyday lives.
2. Nowadays, environmental issues are becoming increasingly important.
3. Nowadays, it is easy to access information from the internet.
Now a Days
Common misspelling of 'nowadays.'
Learn similar and opposite words to spot the difference
2. In this day and age
3. At present
4. These days
5. In the modern era
1. In the past
2. Long ago
4. Ancient times
Now a Days
This word doesn't exist, so there are no synonyms for it.
This word doesn't exist, so there are no antonyms for it.
Tricks for mastery
Useful tips to understand the difference between confusing words "Nowadays", "Now a Days".
1. 'Nowadays' is the correct spelling that means in the present days.
2. 'Now a days' is the old-fashioned spelling that is considered incorrect in modern English.
Check the full list of commonly confused words in EnglishLearn the difference
Frequently asked questions
In what situations should the first word 'Nowadays' be used?
Nowadays is used when referring to something that is currently happening or is the current trend. It implies that a change has taken place since the past. For example, 'Nowadays, people watch movies online more than ever before.'
When is the appropriate context for using the second word 'Now a Days'?
Now a Days is not a word and shouldn't be used in any situations.
Do the two words share the same pronunciation?
Yes, they have the same pronunciation, but remember that 'now a days' is not a correct word.
What are some common mistakes people make when using these words?
Some common mistakes people make when using these words include using the phrase 'Now a Days.' Remember that the only correct variant is one-word 'nowadays.'
Fill in the gaps to check yourself
1. ________ people are more aware of the importance of a balanced diet.
2. Its hard to find someone who doesnt use a smartphone ________.
3. Environmental issues have gained significant attention ________.
4. ________ we see more electric cars on the roads than before.
5. With the rise of online shopping, many local stores are struggling ________.
6. ________, do you think children spend too much time on electronic devices?
Explanation: This sentence compares the present time to the past regarding awareness of diet. Nowadays fits well to describe the current era.
Explanation: The comparison being made is between the present time and the past in terms of smartphone usage. Nowadays highlights this present-day context.
Explanation: The sentence emphasizes the current eras attention towards environmental issues, making nowadays the suitable choice.
Explanation: The sentence contrasts the current scenario of electric cars on the roads with a past scenario, so nowadays is the fitting word to use.
Explanation: This context speaks about the present-day challenge of local stores due to online shopping, hence nowadays is the appropriate word.
Explanation: The sentence questions the behavior of children in the present era concerning electronic device usage, so nowadays correctly indicates the time reference.
Get a gift by subscribing to our newsletter!
Download the PDF with a list of commonly confused words made as flashcards for comfortable learning.
List of Commonly Confused Words
Finding your way around the English language can be hard, especially since there are so many confusing words and rules. So, a list of the most confusing words in English is an extremely useful tool for improving language accuracy and sharing the ideas clearly.