Active and Passive Voice Quiz
Choose the correct answer:
1. In which voice does the subject of the sentence perform the action?
2. Which of the following sentences is in the active voice?
3. In which type of voice is the subject acted upon by the verb?
4. Which of the following is a characteristic of the passive voice?
5. In which type of writing is the passive voice commonly used?
6. Which of the following is an example of a passive voice sentence?
7. What is the primary advantage of using the active voice?
8. In the sentence "The test was aced by the student," which part indicates it's in the passive voice?
9. Which of the following sentences is in the active voice?
10. Why might a writer choose to use the passive voice?