Compound-Complex Sentences Quiz
Choose the correct answer:
1. What is a compound-complex sentence?
2. Which of the following sentences is a compound-complex sentence?
3. In a compound-complex sentence, what does a dependent clause rely on?
4. Which conjunction is NOT typically used to introduce a dependent clause?
5. What is the primary difference between a compound sentence and a complex sentence?
6. In the sentence "After I finish work, I will go to the gym, and I will meet my friend for dinner," which part is the dependent clause?
7. Which of the following is a coordinating conjunction?
8. In the sentence "She studied hard for her exam, but she still failed because she didn't understand the material," which part is the dependent clause?
9. How can you identify a compound-complex sentence?
10. Why are compound-complex sentences essential in English?